these sugar-free bars are perfect for a quick breakfast on-the-go or an afternoon snack. i wish i knew the protein content, but the eggs, protein powder, and nuts are sure to satisfy. these are so good warm, too!
these are adapted from a recipe at Elana’s Pantry.
1 cup millet flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 free-range eggs
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup non-dairy milk (like almond or coconut)
1/4 cup vegan protein powder
1. preheat oven to 350 F. spray a 9-1/2″ x 5″ pan with cooking spray.
2. in a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients EXCEPT protein powder: flours, salt, cinnamon, flax, baking soda, coconut, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and raisins.
3. coconut oil doesn’t combine well unless it’s warm, so microwave in a small bowl for a few seconds. add to a separate mixing bowl along with: eggs, honey, vanilla, and milk. stir well.
4. stir protein powder (very well) into the wet ingredients.
5. add the wet to the dry bowl. stir well.
6. pour batter evenly into the pan. bake 30 minutes. let cool before cutting.
7. store any leftovers in the freezer, and microwave a bar for 1 minute before eating.