this was my first actual loaf of gluten-free bread, and i was surprised how well it turned out. the recipe is from Gluten-Free Goddess. she’s really good about giving detailed g-free baking tips and answering readers’ questions in the comments, so link to the original recipe if you need further advice. i used eggs, but she says this can be made with a substitute.
p.s. check out my guest post at The Love Vitamin today!
1 cup grated zucchini, peeled or not (i used 1 medium zucchini)
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 free-range eggs or substitute
1/4 cup non-dairy milk (like almond or coconut)
small handful chopped walnuts (optional)
1. preheat oven to 350 F. grate the zucchini into a bowl. press with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
2. stir together all ingredients, flour through sugar.
3. stir in oil through milk. stir vigorously until the batter is very smooth. mix in zucchini and nuts, if using.
4. place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9-inch loaf pan. lightly spray sides and bottom with canola spray. pour batter evenly into the pan.
5. bake 50-60 minutes (mine took 60). when done, it should feel firm and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.